Friday, September 21, 2012

I am just finishing up my third week of school, and finally starting to feel like I am getting my feet under me just a wee bit. To say it has been a tad overwhelming at first would not be an exaggeration! I knew it would be hard going to back to school and working full time. And it has. But the crazy thing is I like it. I like the challenge. I like being made to think beyond what my norm has been. Who would of thought?!

On another front, I have been procrastinating about getting an estimate to re roof my home. I knew I shouldn't put it off, but I kept doing it anyway.  When I am afraid of something, I have a tendency to stick my head in the sand and pretend like I don't have a problem. Surprisingly, the problems never go away. Well, I finally made myself call a couple of reputable roofers to come take a look. I almost stopped breathing when I was given an estimate for $7.900. Gah! I want so bad to stick my head in the sand again and for this to go away.  Not quite sure how God is going to work this one out yet, but I know he will...

My mom called the other day and told me she had found a lump in her breast, and that she is not going to get it checked out.  She says she doesn't want the doctors to cut her. She says she has lived a good life and that she doesn't want to live to be 90 years old. I asked her to please go see her doctor just for peace of mind. For my peace of mind. That it might not be anything serious now, but it could be if she waits. My mom is stubborn, and I know I can't argue with her. It will only make her more stubborn.  So I pray. And I cry.


1 comment: