Monday, July 2, 2012

 
When the kids were younger, I had a HUGE garden. It was a necessity with 5 children, and to say it was a lot of work is a gross understatement! Just ask my kids about child labor! After I got a divorce, I was diagnosed with my autoimmune disease and for the past several years have struggled just to get out of bed in the morning to go to work.  My garden and lawn went by the wayside and all of my perennials died from neglect.  The loss was felt deeply every Spring, but I was never able to get past the fatigue to do anything about it...

Until this year...
This year, I created 4 small 4 x 4 beds, and I think I have enough dirt left to make a 5th bed! I am late getting it in, but am so proud of myself!

I think I may have a problem though...
Something has been watching! 
Anyone, know the best way to get rid of gophers?!?

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE raised beds!! So glad you're getting to have your garden this year! As far as the gophers go...not a clue!!!!

    ReplyDelete